Carl Craft From The Morning Rat Race heads to The Broadway Bar and Grill In Point Pleasant Beach To Try Them Out…
And what he found wasn’t only the Shore Award winner for best chicken wings… he found a place that is like walking into a time machine.
“I ‘ve always just loved the atmosphere in the place. The old school polished wood, nautical theme going on everywhere. It’s like every salty captain who ever sailed was about to walk in the front door… And, what was that on the front door… it’s a port-hole, not a window!”
Scroll down for Carl’s video from his visit.
Catering to locals and shore visitors alike, The Broadway Bar and Grill seems to know exactly what it is and that makes the place comfortable and unpretentious. There’s a pretty good selection of drafts, even a few local brews that I’ve not seen on draft before… plus all the usual sudsy suspects. And the rest of the menu options were looking good…
But, I was here because the Rat Rock Nation and the entire Jersey Shore voted for this place as the winner of “Best Chicken Wings”. That’s a pretty awesome award to get and if a bunch of people all tell me a place has great wings… Guess what, I’m going to try them.
Now, before I go any further you may be asking yourself, “Why does this dude think he can cast any opinion on this topic?” Well, allow me to state my chicken-wing credentials:
- When I was in college I would make pilgrimages to Buffalo’s Anchor Bar, usually celebrated as the “home of the chicken wing”. This heritage has taught me important lessons on sauce, spice, smell, crispiness, and over all presentation.
- As for spice: My thoughts are you should feel the burn, but not need a shower afterwards. I’m good with those “wall of fire challenges” but not for the normal off-the-menu order.
- I’m down with both the drumette or the flat. Both have their advantages and I’ll happily chow either.
- I’m constantly on the lookout for new sources of Buffalo Chicken Wings and I’m known to just pull into a place if I’m driving by and have time.
- I’ve perfected my own sauce recipe which I’ll never share with you.
So, all that being said… What can I say about my experience at The Broadway? Well….
Apparently the Jersey Shore community who voted in The Shore Awards like their wings, “crispy with a light coating of sauce and a little heat”… With blue cheese dressing and carrots and celery. (Props on including both veggies, always a nice touch!).
I’m not here to give my review or say on what you should think… but I can tell you that I’d 100% stop back and chow down on these wings again… and again… So, well done, Rat Rock Nation!