Tattoo Month: Seven Johnny Cash Tribute Tattoos
Writer Michelle Delio reportedly observed that “Tattoos have a power and magic all their own.
They decorate the body but they also enhance the soul.” That’s pretty deep stuff, but then again, so are tattoos. In celebration of Tattoo Month and the Man In Black (seemed fitting), here are our seven favorite Johnny Cash tattoos.
7. Johnny Leg. Nothing says smokin’ like a full-size, cigarette-smoking Johnny Cash on the leg of a lovely lady. We think.
6. Johnny Loves June. Everyone loves Johnny & June – this person especially. This affectionate ink gets an “A” for lines, color and cuteness, but a “B-” for likeness. (That is Johnny & June, right?)
5. Johnny Real. Speaking of likeness, does it get any better than this artful masterpiece? It’s like Johnny Cash is actually living on this dude’s arm. Just look at that hair! Brings a whole new meaning to “I’ve Been Everywhere,” doesn’t it?
4. Johnny Real II. We spoke too soon; maybe Johnny cash is living on this gal’s arm. And he’s apparently got something important to say. Listen up!
3. Johnny Arrives. No you’ve not been magically transported to the entrance to Folsom Prison right as Johnny rolled up with this guitar. This is a dude’s back! A dude we probably wouldn’t mess with, by the way.
2. Johnny Ain’t Got Time Fo’ Dat. In case you were wondering, this gentleman isn’t interested in what you have to say, and opts instead to let Johnny do the talking. No worries, guy – we get it. But nice tat!
1. No, Really. Johnny Ain’t Got Time Fo’ Dat. Sometimes forward-facing bird waves just don’t do the trick. In those instances, the only real alternative is flash ’em from the roof like this guy.
Had enough? Neither have we. Instagram has plenty to offer when it comes to inky memorials of Johnny Cash. See what we mean here.
Teddy McDonald is a fun-lovin’ country music fan man living in Nashville, Tennessee.