WalletHub has released its 2022’s Property Taxes by State. New Jersey was ranked as the state with the highest real-estate property taxes for 2022.
The personal finance website’s report compares home and vehicle taxes across the nation and features insights from a panel of experts.
WalletHub analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia in terms of real-estate and vehicle property taxes. Scroll below to view the full list.
Property Taxes in New Jersey (1st=Lowest; 25th=Avg.):
- Real-Estate Property Tax Rank: 51st
- Vehicle Property Tax Rank: 1st
- Real-Estate Tax on Median State Home Value: $8,362
- Real-Estate Tax on Median U.S. Home Value: $5,419
- Vehicle Property Tax on Best-Selling Car: $0