The 6 Best Hot Sauces (According to Atomic Rob)
Working here in the WJRZ/WRAT promo offices, we’ve got a guy named Rob. If you’ve ever come up to our tent at an event and said hi, it’s very likely you’ve met Rob. Rob’s most notable nickname is Atomic Rob. Why, you may ask? Well, this guy LOVES hot sauce.
I’ve never seen anybody else eat hot sauce like him. He told me a story one day about how he thought the Blazin’ Sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings really wasn’t spicy. I asked him if he ever did the Blazin’ Challenge. He said he did not because he doesn’t like to be rushed while he’s eating. Plus, he likes blue cheese with his wings.
I told Rob I was going to write this article because honestly, if there’s anybody to give recommendations about the best hot sauces, it’s him. (Here’s video proof he knows what he’s talking about (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMetk_CRjs) I asked him to give me a list of his top 5 favorite hot sauces and an explanation as to why. He couldn’t narrow it down to just 5, so we’ve got 6 for you.
When I saw this list, I asked him if they were in any particular order, and he said they were not. He said that they were all just the best, but they had different reasons as to why they were the best. So, without further ado, the list:
1. Obscene – Chicken or The Egg
- Rob said that this was his favorite Buffalo Sauce of all time. He’s never bought a bottle of it himself (because it’s not cheap) but when he goes to Chicken or the Egg in Beach Haven, Obscene is his go-to.
2. Melinda’s – Ghost Pepper Wing Sauce
- When I asked him which on this list was most likely his favorite overall, he said this one. He said it’s his favorite flavor and it’s got a good spice, but it isn’t too spicy (but it’s also probably the spiciest on the list, so, proceed with caution).
3. Trader Joe’s – Habanero
- Rob told me that this was his favorite cheap hot sauce. He said it’s nothing fancy but it’s delicious, especially for its price point.
4. Cholula – Original
- This is Rob’s go-to for Mexican food. He said it’s basic, but he loves it and always has a bottle at home. (I’ll say it’s also my go-to for Mexican food and I recommend it as well, but this article isn’t about me).
5. Dirty Dick’s – Original Hot Sauce
- Rob said that in his opinion of all the hot sauces on the list, this one has the most unique flavor. It’s kind of sweet and apparently, there’s banana in the ingredients.
6. Hank – Iceman
- He told me this sauce was super good and had a whiskey taste to it but it was also expensive. So, if you know Rob or you’ve ever met him at an event, and you feel so compelled to get him a Christmas present this year, he requests you get him a bottle of this.