Six Flags Great Adventure Announces Extensive Fright Fest Lineup
JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 25, 2021 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Scream Park, today announced the lineup for its iconic fall festival.
New attractions, shows, and a new weeknight event will headline the 2021 season which will feature nearly 30 seasonally-themed additions. Following a year’s hiatus, Fright Fest is poised to deliver the ultimate in Halloween thrills and chills.
Fright Fest weekends will offer family-friendly “Thrills by Day” and terrifying “Fright by Night.” Admission will include six elaborately decorated areas, attractions for kids including the popular Trick-or-Treat Trail, 10 live shows including its iconic “Dead Man’s Party” and “Unleashed,” and the park’s thrilling rides will run in the dark for added chills. Plus, nine haunted mazes will provide the most extreme scares for an additional fee. A full array of dining, shopping, and games options, including special limited-time fall offers, will be available throughout the park.
New in 2021:
- Fright Fest Power Hours – On Thursdays in Sept., Wednesdays and Thursdays in Oct., plus Oct. 25 to 28, Six Flags will launch a new, private event for ultimate thrill seekers. On the heels of its successful spring Coaster Power Hours event, Fright Fest Power Hours will offer exclusive ride time on the park’s thrilling coasters and select thrill rides in the dark, plus the added fright of indoor and outdoor haunted mazes at dramatically reduced prices. Attendance for this event is limited. Tickets and reservations are required;
- September Fireworks – Guests can enjoy nine nights of dazzling fireworks set to a spooktacular music soundtrack. “Frightworks” will run weekends in September as part of Member & Season Pass Appreciation Month;
- ‘Venom Gulch’ Scare Zone – Frontier Adventures will be transformed into a Wild West town abandoned following a mineshaft collapse. The town folk packed up and left…but the miners’ spirits remained to poison the town;
- ‘Xpedition Dino: Survival’ Haunted Maze – The fun and educational Xpedition Dino tour will transform into a haunted maze where blood-thirsty dinosaurs have begun their prehistoric purge, and humans must try to escape alive. Fright Pass required;
- ‘The Lab’ Haunted Maze – This newly themed haunted maze will feature a secretive laboratory where mysterious and unlicensed experiments are the order of the day. Fright Pass required;
- Witch’s Brew – For the littlest boys and ghouls, Six Flags will present story time with the friendly neighborhood witch.
- Jersey Devil Coaster – Guests will learn the legend behind the world’s tallest, fastest, and longest single-rail coaster. With its location along mist-covered lake, the all-new Jersey Devil Coaster will deliver five intense elements in the eerie nighttime fog; and
- Lil’ Devil Coaster – Adjacent to its hulking counterpart, Lil’ Devil will feature pint-sized coaster thrills for the park’s smallest guests. Debuting this fall.
Member & Season Pass Appreciation Month & 2022 Sales
September is Member & Season Pass Appreciation Month. Six Flags’ most loyal fans will receive special discounts and in-park offers, extra rewards, exclusive shows and maze access, and a nightly Fright Fest fireworks display. Details will be available in their web portals.
In addition, 2022 Season Pass sales launched Monday. For one low price, guests can enjoy unlimited visits to the theme park and Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure for the remainder of the 2021 season plus all regular operating days in 2022 (some exclusions may apply). Season Pass Holders can now take advantage of Six Flags Rewards, once only reserved for Members. Passes are available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets
Fall Reservations, Ghoul Hiring, COVID Safety & Wild Safari
To address high demand and improve guest service, reservations will be required for all guests visiting Fright Fest in 2021. Six Flags Members, Season Pass Holders, and daily ticket holders must pre-book their visit. Guest who arrive without a reservation will be able to make one on the spot, based on space availability. If the park is “sold out” for the day, they will not be admitted.
Six Flags is on the hunt for more ghouls and zombies to help scare up some fun. Interested candidates should apply online before attending an audition at www.sixflagsjobs.com or text SCARE to 220-MONSTER. The park will host a Ghoul Hiring Event tomorrow, Aug. 26, from 5 to 8 pm in the Employment Center at 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ. It will feature fun acting exercises and on-the-spot hiring for Fright Fest. Seasonal team members who work through October 31, 2021, can earn up to an additional $500-$1,000 or more with a 10% bonus for wages earned from July through September and a 15% bonus for wages earned in October.
Based on current New Jersey mandates and park safety protocols, masks are recommended for all non-vaccinated guests. Social distancing and hand sanitizing are strongly encouraged.
Fright Fest will kick off Sept. 10 and run weekends and select days through Oct. 31.
Click here to view the 2021 Fright Fest Attraction Lineup!