Congratulations to Disney Plus’ superb series, The Mandalorian!! The excellent show has just been nominated for FIFTEEN Emmy Awards! Including BEST DRAMA SERIES!
If you have yet to see it…do yourself a favor and binge-watch The Mandalorian this weekend. It’s the first, live-action, Star Wars TV show…and it rules.
The series takes place seven years after the events in Return Of The Jedi. The Empire has been (temporarily) defeated, the Republic is being built, things are a little chaotic, and bounty-hunting seems to be a lucrative job. That is where the mysterious Mandalorian comes in.
We see “Mando” go on several, heart-pumping missions which range from high drama to psychological thriller to even comedy.
The show is absolutely incredible. I give it two huge Wookie thumbs up! Check out a bunch of awesome clips…plus the full list of their Emmy nominations below! And congrats to The Mandalorian on their Emmy success!
– East Side Dave
The Mandalorian Emmy Nominations
- Outstanding Drama Series: The Mandalorian
- Outstanding Children’s Program: Star Wars Resistance, for Brandon Auman, Executive Producer; Athena Yvette Portillo, Executive Producer; Dave Filoni, Executive Producer; Justin Ridge, Executive Producer; Sareana Sun, Executive Producer; Shuzo John Shiota, Executive Producer; Daisy Fang, Producer; and Jack Liang, Producer
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 8: Redemption,” for Taika Waititi as IG-11
- Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 8: Redemption,” for Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour): The Mandalorian, “Chapter 1: The Mandalorian,” for Andrew L. Jones, Production Designer; Jeff Wisniewski, Art Director; and Amanda Serino, Set Decorator
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour): The Mandalorian, “Chapter 7: The Reckoning,” for Greig Fraser, ASC, ACS, Director of Photography; and Baz Idoine, Director of Photography
- Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 3: The Sin,” for Joseph Porro, Costume Designer; Julie Robar, Costume Supervisor; Gigi Melton, Assistant Costume Designer; and Lauren Silvestri, Assistant Costume Designer
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 2: The Child,” for Andrew S. Eisen, Editor; The Mandalorian, “Chapter 4: Sanctuary,” for Dana E. Glauberman, ACE, Editor; and Dylan Firshein, Additional Editor; and The Mandalorian, “Chapter 8: Redemption,” for Jeff Seibenick, Editor
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 6: The Prisoner,” for Brian Sipe, Department Head Makeup Artist; Alexei Dmitriew, Key Makeup Artist; Carlton Coleman, Makeup Artist; Samantha Ward, Makeup Artist; Scott Stoddard, Makeup Artist; Mike Ornelaz, Makeup Artist; and Sabrina Castro, Makeup Artist
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score): The Mandalorian, “Chapter 8: Redemption,” for Ludwig Göransson, Composer
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 1: The Mandalorian,” for David Acord, Co-Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer; Matthew Wood, Co-Supervising Sound Editor; Bonnie Wild, Sound Effects Editor; James Spencer, Dialogue Editor; Richard Quinn, ADR Editor; Richard Gould, Foley Editor; Stephanie McNally, Music Editor; Ryan Rubin, Music Editor; Ronni Brown, Foley Artist; and Jana Vance, Foley Artist
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 2: The Child,” for Shawn Holden, Production Mixer; Bonnie Wild, Re-Recording Mixer; and Chris Fogel, Scoring Mixer
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects: The Mandalorian, “Chapter 2: The Child,” for Richard Bluff, VFX Supervisor; Jason Porter, VFX Supervisor; Abbigail Keller, VFX Producer; Hayden Jones, VFX Supervisor; Hal Hickel, Animation Supervisor; Roy Cancino, Special Effects Supervisor; John Rosengrant, Supervisor; Enrico Damm, Environment Supervisor; and Landis Fields, Virtual Production Visualization Supervisor
- And Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series Limited Series Or Movie:The Mandalorian, for Ryan Watson, Stunt Coordinator