Bono has gone through many looks ever since U2’s debut album was released in 1980, but as far as looks go, it doesn’t get more iconic than his leather vest phase during the band’s promotion and tour behind The Joshua Tree.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Black leather vest (Like this one .)
- Cross Necklace (Similar to this one.)
- Long dark brown wig (Like this one. Note: Must be pulled back in a low ponytail.)
- Black Jeans
- Black Boots
- Small hoop earring in left ear (Optional)
- Passion for world issues/charities. (Optional, but let’s face it, it would really pull everything together. Go watch Rattle & Hum for buzz phrase ideas to recite at parties.)
Music video by U2 performing With Or Without You. (C) 1987 Universal-Island Records Ltd.
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock reporter that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.