Happy Birthday Dave! Here are my top 5 Dave moments:
- The first time I saw the Big Me video in 1995. I mean the pigtails? The Footos? Brilliant jumping off point!
- My first Foo show, Arts Center Summer of 2000, opening for RHCP's. Dave said onstage to the packed house the band was nervous and not to expect too much from them...By the end of the show he was running up and down the aisles.
- The first time I heard "I should have known" from the Wasting Light album. Still my all time favorite FF song. The raw emotion of the lyrics set to Dave's signature low tones and high screams weaves a tale many of us have lived though. But Grohl put it to music. Add the takeoff on the Beatles at the Sullivan Theater for a live performance on Letterman, and you have a masterpiece. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738EWaJ32i8
- 2006 Foos show at the Continental Airlines Arena. Weezer opened up, so it was a good start. Dave slugged a Coors Light 24 oz. can and proclaimed he could scream all f*cking night. The show closed with the band bringing out Queen drummer Roger Taylor and blazing through "Tie Your Mother Down." The kind of show you never forget.
- Number 5 is well, number ONE. Saturday night May 19th, 2012. Bamboozle Festival, Asbury Park USA. On the beach.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJBuRuGCFVU